- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- School Partnerships
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
3-Dimensional Images in Fabric
Use basic embroidery stitches, appliqué and fiber collage to create three-dimensional art. Using fabric as an artist’s canvas, add elements through traditional and structural appliqué techniques to create dimensionality. Learn techniques for adding folded and sculpted fabric, shaping and stuffing, appliqué and other textural elements. Bring meaningful text, paper pages and found textiles for use in class. All levels welcome.
Age Range17+, teens with instructor's permission
Skill LevelAll Levels
Please bring to class:
- text, paper pages and found textiles that are meaningful for you
- a pair of sewing scissors
- at least two embroidery needles
- an embroidery hoop, 6”–8” recommended
- Cotton DMC embroidery floss, 2–3 skeins (or more) of different colors
- a water–soluble fabric marker (available at any craft or fabric store)
- basic cotton or linen fabric, pre–washed, at least 10” x 10”
- a pencil
- a sharpie pen
- sketch paper (newsprint, copy paper, notebook, your choice)
Vintage linens will also be available for purchase in class.
Find out where to buy supplies.
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.