- By Category
- By Age Group
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Glean from your daily life to create a unique portrait with a ‘sampler’ of embroidery stitches. Explore creative use of diary writing and documentation of daily life in your art. Look at work by contemporary fiber artists while learning traditional stitches and embroidery basics. All levels welcome.
Age Range17+, teens with instructor's permission
Skill LevelAll Levels
Please bring to class:
- a pair of sewing scissors
- at least two embroidery needles
- an embroidery hoop, 6”–8” recommended
- Cotton DMC embroidery floss, 2–3 skeins (or more) of different colors
- a water–soluble fabric marker (available at any craft or fabric store)
- basic cotton or linen fabric, pre–washed, at least 10” x 10”
- a pencil
- a sharpie pen
- sketch paper (newsprint, copy paper, notebook, your choice)
Vintage linens will also be available for purchase in class.
Find out where to buy supplies.
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Fall 16'–Winter 17' catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.