- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- School Partnerships
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
An introduction to the fundamentals of sewing. Learn to use a sewing machine, choose and cut patterns and use basic sewing terms, methods and tools.Complete a pillow, apron, drawstring pants or another simple project.
Please plan to use our machines; if time allows, the instructor may invite you to bring your own to the final session. We will provide materials for your starting project. After that you may choose to purchase your own.
Note: Section 5 is bilingual in English/Spanish. Additional sections in Spanish or other languages may be arranged on request.
Age Range17+, teens by permission
Please plan to use our machines. If time allows, the instructor may invite you to bring your own to the final session.
Bring to the first class:
- Class 66 bobbins (plastic; please bring at least 3)
- Dressmaker shears (best quality are Fiskars or Gingher)
- Paper scissors
- Assorted machine sewing needles
- Assorted hand sewing needles
- Common pins
- Pin cushion
- Seam ripper
- Dressmaker’s pencil or tailor’s chalk
- Tape measure 60”
- Dark and light color thread for basting
- Needle threader
- Sewing gauge
Fabric will be discussed in class.
Find out where to buy supplies.
Instructor, Schedule, and Cost
View other courses in:
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Spring–Summer 2014 catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children 2014
- Fall 2013–Winter 2014 Catalog (pdf)
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We are now adding classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.