- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Clothing Construction: Kimono Robe
Practice basic clothing construction and go home with a kimono robe adapted to your size and taste. Copy a basic pattern onto paper, customize it to your fit and adapt it with pockets, ruffles, buttons and other embellishments. Experiment with various types of seams and stitching, even sequins if you wish.
Age Range17+, teens with instructor's permission
Basic Sewing or equivalent skills
Please bring to first class:
- butter paper
- French curves
- large triangle ruler or L ruler (your choice)
- clear straight 2" ruler
- clear Scotch tape
- Basic sewing kit (pincushion, machine sewing needles, hand sewing needles, pins, thread, tailor’s chalk, fabric scissors, paper scissors, seam ripper, measuring tape)
- fine ballpoint pen in any dark color (black, blue, red, purple, green as desired)
Be prepared to purchase the following after consulting with the instructor in the first class:
The instructor will supply:
- pattern paper
Find out where to buy supplies.
Instructor, Schedule, and Cost
This class is not currently offered. If you're interested, please let us know.
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Spring–Summer 2016 catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.