- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- School Partnerships
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Figure Drawing Intensive
Immerse yourself in drawing in an afternoon or full day of drawing with a dynamic and popular teacher who will bring out your best. Using any media, draw from a live model and see the subject and your own work in new ways and with new inspiration.
Choose one Sunday in each month, or more, from November through April each year. Then, in July, go super-intense and draw for a full day or two days in a row.
Beginners and seasoned artists alike have enjoyed these intensive workshops.
Skill LevelAll Levels
In order to foster wide experimentation in this course, we encourage you to bring a variety of materials to work with. Wet materials (with the exception of oil paint), as well as dry, are fine. Feel free to bring collage materials as well.
Please wear clothes that you are comfortable in, and that can get dirty. Aprons, smocks, or coveralls are great.
Bring to class:
- Newsprint (100 sheets, pads or loose) at least 18”x24”
- drawing board (large enough for 18”x24” paper) with clips
- Compressed charcoal (Weber or AlphaColor Charkole)
- Tool box to hold your drawing supplies
Other materials to bring if you have, or buy if you wish:
- sketchbook, journal, or notebook, any size/type
- conte crayons
- kneaded erasers
- white plastic eraser
- charcoal pencils
- colored pencils
- vine or thick charcoal, lump or stump
- lumber crayons
- a variety of papers, white, toned, black, colored, rolls, inexpensive, and good quality
- Alphacolor non-toxic pastels
- oil pastels
- oil sticks, oil bars, pigment bars
- gouache, acrylics, or watercolors, and related supplies (brushes, palette, cups, etc.)
- watercolor crayons
- glue and various papers that can be used for collage
- ink, brushes, sticks, and pens
Find out more about where to buy supplies.
Instructor, Schedule, and Cost
Take both 7M & 8M and pay only $240.
View other courses in:
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Spring–Summer 2014 catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children 2014
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.