- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- School Partnerships
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Figure Drawing Intensive
Immerse yourself in drawing in an afternoon or full day of drawing with a dynamic and popular teacher who will bring out your best. Using any media, draw from a live model and see the subject and your own work in new ways and with new inspiration.
Choose one Sunday in each month, or more, from November through April each year. Then, in July, go super-intense and draw for a full day or two days in a row.
Beginners and seasoned artists alike have enjoyed these intensive workshops.
Skill LevelAll Levels
In order to foster wide experimentation in this course, we encourage you to bring a variety of materials to work with. Wet materials (with the exception of oil paint), as well as dry, are fine. Feel free to bring collage materials as well.
Please wear clothes that you are comfortable in, and that can get dirty. Aprons, smocks, or coveralls are good, too.
Bring to class:
- Newsprint (100 sheets, pads or loose) at least 18” x 24”
- drawing board (large enough for 18” x 24” paper) with clips
- Compressed charcoal (Weber or AlphaColor Charkole)
- Tool box to hold your drawing supplies
Bring if you have, or buy if you wish:
- sketchbook, journal, or notebook, any size/type
- conte crayons
- kneaded erasers
- white plastic eraser
- charcoal pencils
- colored pencils
- vine or thick charcoal, lump or stump
- lumber crayons
- a variety of papers, white, toned, black, colored, rolls, inexpensive, and good quality
- Alphacolor non-toxic pastels
- oil pastels
- oil sticks, oil bars, pigment bars
- gouache, acrylics, or watercolors, and related supplies (brushes, palette, cups etc.)
- watercolor crayons
- glue and various papers that can be used for collage
- ink, brushes, sticks, and pens
Find out more about where to buy supplies.
Instructor, Schedule, and Cost
Instructor: Robert Siegelman
One Sunday each month from November through April, 1:30–5:30pm:
- Section 1F: Nov 10, 2013 – FULL
- Section 2F: Dec 1, 2013 – OPEN
- Section 3W: Jan 5, 2014 – OPEN
- Section 4W: Feb 9, 2014 – OPEN
- Section 5W: Mar 2, 2014 – OPEN
- Section 6S: Apr 6, 2014 – OPEN
$80 for each date (includes model fee)
Sign up for 2 or more at the same time and take 10% off
View other courses in:
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
We are now adding classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.