- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- School Partnerships
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Japanese-Style Wood Block Prints
Japanese wood block printing dates to the 17th century. Called ukiyo–e, these ‘pictures of a floating world’ depicted all parts of daily life. This non–toxic medium allows for subtle transparent color washes, painterly color gradations, detailed textures and unique images. Carve 8”x10” wood blocks and ink them with watercolors and nori paste. Take home several multi–color prints on Japanese paper. Bring sketchbooks, photos and other inspirations to the class.
Age Range17+, teens with instructor's permission
Skill LevelAll Levels
Please bring to class:
- sketchbooks of your own drawings and designs
- plus paper or book for sketching
- pencils and pens for sketching designs
- photos and other images for inspiration
All other materials will be provided.
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Summer Program for Children 2015
- Spring–Summer 2015 catalog (pdf)
- Fall 2014–Winter 2015 catalog (pdf)
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.