- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- School Partnerships
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Kids’ Beginning Sewing - Ages 6-8
Let your child get started with simple sewing by hand and machine. Pillows and stuffed toys lead to more complex projects. The small class allows for individual attention, and we encourage kids to share their skills. We supply materials for the first class meeting. Then, with the instructor's advice, you will assemble a sewing kit and fabric with your child. Send your child for more than one term to do new projects each time.
With the instructor’s advice, each student will supply fabric and develop a personal sewing kit.
Recommended sewing kit:
- Class 66 bobbins (plastic)
- Assorted machine sewing needles
- Assorted hand sewing needles
- Common pins
- Pin cushion
- Seam ripper
- Dressmaker’s pencil or tailor’s chalk
- Tape measure 60”
- Dark and light color thread for basting
Find out where to buy supplies.
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Summer Program for Children 2015
- Spring–Summer 2015 catalog (pdf)
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.