- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- School Partnerships
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Kids’ Sewing - Ages 9-12
Learn how to use the sewing machine, cut patterns and sew. Develop your own personal sewing kit. Bags, pillows and simple clothing lead to more complex projects as you gain more experience. Sewing is practical and fun. Once you know how to do it you can make great things for yourself and for friends.
Skill LevelAll Levels
You may use our sewing machines or bring your own.
With the instructor’s advice, each student will supply fabric and develop a personal sewing kit.
Recommended sewing kit:
- Class 66 bobbins (plastic)
- Dressmaker shears (Fiskars or Gingher)
- Paper scissors
- Assorted machine sewing needles
- Assorted hand sewing needles
- Common pins
- Pin cushion
- Seam ripper
- Dressmaker’s pencil or tailor’s chalk
- Tape measure 60”
- Dark and light color thread for basting
- Needle threader (optional)
- Sewing gauge (optional)
Find out where to buy supplies.
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Fall–Winter 2015/16 catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children 2015
- Spring–Summer 2015 catalog (pdf)
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.
Sewing for Children & Teens
Each sewing class incorporates beginners and experienced students, with new and different projects each session. Children enjoy returning for multiple sessions, building their skills and undertaking more complex projects as they progress.