- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Sewing Open Workshop
In this open-format class, students make projects of their choice. The instructor provides guidance on design, construction and embellishment based on individual student needs, and students draw upon each other’s expertise. Students often stay for multiple semesters, enjoying the camaraderie of the shop and progressing to more ambitious projects over time. (Note: No large draperies.)
Age Range17+, teens by permission
Basic Sewing or equivalent skills
Students provide all materials including fabric, patterns and sewing kit. You will discuss materials with the instructor at the first class session.
You may use our sewing machines or bring your own.
Recommended sewing kit:
- Class 66 bobbins (plastic; please bring at least 3 to first class)
- Dressmaker shears (Fiskars, Weiss or Gingher are recommended)
- Paper scissors
- Assorted machine sewing needles
- Assorted hand sewing needles
- Common pins
- Pin cushion
- Seam ripper
- Dressmaker’s pencil or tailor’s chalk
- Tape measure 60”
- Dark and light color thread for basting
- Needle threader
- Sewing gauge
- Fabric (can be discussed in class)
Find out where to buy supplies.
Instructor, Schedule, and Cost
We are not running Sewing Open Workshop at this time. Let us know if you are interested!
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Spring–Summer 2016 catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.