- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- School Partnerships
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Cut, carve and sand an elegant spoon. Beginners will make a basic version; intermediate students may try more sculptural versions. Use the band saw to establish a spoon blank, then carve handle and bowl. End with a non-toxic oil finish.
Note: You may also be interested in Woodland Spoon Carving, starting with raw branches and a carving axe. Learn to craft a spoon in the wilderness.
The Artisan’s Table
Turn and carve tools to create handmade pasta, and tableware, utensils and bowls with which to serve it. All workshop participants may join together at week's end to share a meal and reflections on food. Sign up for one or more workshops, August 27–September 2, 2016:
Rolling Pins • Corzetti Stamps • Turned Wineglass Stems • Wooden Spoons •
Cavarola Board • Wood Turning: Serving Bowl • Wooden Cheese Board •
Textile Printing & Sewing • Pasta Making & Reflections on Food
Other Summer Craft Intensives
Immerse yourself in craftsmanship, creativity and community. Exchange ideas, inspire each other during classroom walkthroughs and get the most from your week by signing up for extended studio time in the evenings.
- Woodworking & Furniture: Mid-Century Folding Table • Upholstery • Wood Turning
- Fiber Arts & Fashion: Design & Sew Custom Bags • Felted Dress or Tunic • Millinery: Straw Hats • Shibori Techniques with Procion Dyes • Surface Design • Tapestry & Frame Loom Weaving • Textile Printing & Sewing
- Printmaking: Japanese Woodblock Prints
Age Range17+, teens with instructor's permission
Materials fee: $10 payable in class
All materials will be provided.
Instructor, Schedule, and Cost
Note: Section 4M is part of The Artisan’s Table series. See above.
View other courses in:
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Fall–Winter 2015/16 catalog (pdf)
- Spring–Summer 2016 catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.