- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- School Partnerships
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Young Fashion Designers - Ages 12-16
Take an existing pattern or piece of clothing and revise it to express your personal style. Expect to complete a new pattern and a piece of clothing in this class. Basic sewing skills are required, but extensive experience is not necessary.
Basic sewing skills are required, but extensive experience is not necessary. You'll be fine if you know machine basics.
On the first day, bring:
- Paper or a sketchbook
- A small pad of tracing paper
- Pencils or other drawing materials to sketch your ideas
- Some magazines or other images of fashions you like
For Fashion Illustration, the instructor will review materials in the first class.
For Design & Sew, you may use our sewing machines or bring your own.
With instructor's advice, you will purchase your own fabric.
Recommended sewing kit:
- Class 66 bobbins (plastic)
- Dressmaker shears (Fiskars or Gingher)
- Paper scissors
- Assorted machine sewing needles
- Assorted hand sewing needles
- Common pins
- Pin cushion
- Seam ripper
- Dressmaker’s pencil or tailor’s chalk
- Tape measure 60”
- Dark and light color thread for basting
Find out where to buy supplies.
Instructor, Schedule, and Cost
View other courses in:
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Spring–Summer 2014 catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children 2014
- Fall 2013–Winter 2014 Catalog (pdf)
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We are now adding classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.
Sewing for Children & Teens
Each sewing class incorporates beginners and experienced students, with new and different projects each session. Children enjoy returning for multiple sessions, building their skills and undertaking more complex projects as they progress.