- By Category
- By Age Group
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Draw for a Day
Too busy for a weekly class? Want the energy of new ideas? A fun and welcoming environment? A fabulous artist as your guide?
Try a one-day drawing workshop.
Each workshop, each artist is different. Each workshop is designed for artists of all levels to enjoy and experiment. Each will inspire you in a new way.
Elisa Hamilton imbues everyday objects and environments with vibrant color and a combination of liveliness and comfort. Her drawings make you glad to be alive. Join her for a day of in-the-moment drawing exercises that spark experimentation, dissolve artistic inhibition, and encourage fluidity and fun. Use multiple mediums and create many drawings in a single day. Loosen up and play with line, color and a generous spirit.
Develop intuitive drawing techniques that emphasize color and motion. Work from life, using simple objects as a springboard for lively, beautiful expression. Work on multiple drawings at once and gain fluidity with line, gesture, color, opacity and transparency.
Age Range17+, teens with instructor's permission
Skill LevelAll Levels
Please bring with you:
- Acrylic paints: red, yellow, blue, black and white, plus any other colors you desire
- Brushes of your choice, if you like. The instructor will also supply brushes for the day.
- Rags or paper towels for clean-up
- A full pad of newsprint paper, 18” x 24” or larger
- A full pad of mixed-media or heavy drawing paper, 18” x 24” or larger
Be prepared to use ALL of this paper during the workshop.
We will supply:
- Compressed charcoal
- Sumi ink
- White paper plates for color mixing
- Oil pastels
- Brushes of various sizes. (Nothing fancy, though, so if you have your own brushes that you prefer, please bring them.)
- Small cups for ink and water
Find out where to buy supplies.
Instructor, Schedule, and Cost
Section 1: Saturday, 10am–3pm
1S: Apr 15, 2017
Instructor: (Elisa Hamilton)
View other courses in:
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Spring–Summer 17' catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.