- By Category
- By Age Group
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Japanese Woodblock Prints
Carve a woodblock using hand tools, and print following a Japanese tradition, using water-based inks, without a press. Stretch the traditional techniques to fit your own style. Learn to sharpen carving tools with water stones. Materials fee includes tools to make prints in your home studio.
Other Summer Craft Intensives
Immerse yourself in craftsmanship, creativity and community. Exchange ideas, inspire each other during classroom walkthroughs.
- Woodworking & Furniture: Mid-Century Folding Table • Upholstery • Wood Turning
- Fiber Arts & Fashion: Design & Sew Custom Bags • Felted Dress or Tunic • Millinery: Straw Hats • Shibori Techniques with Procion Dyes • Surface Design • Tapestry & Frame Loom Weaving • Textile Printing & Sewing
- Printmaking: Japanese Woodblock Prints
Age Range17+, teens with instructor's permission
Skill LevelAll Levels
Please bring to class:
- Materials fee of $40
- A sketchbook or drawing paper
- Pens/pencils for sketching & note taking
Additional materials will be discussed in class
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Fall 16'–Winter 17' catalog (pdf)
- Spring–Summer 17' catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.