- By Category
- By Age Group
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Crazy Quilt Workshop
For ages, people have combined leftover fabrics into crazy quilts, making beautiful assemblages embellished with embroidery. In this workshop, you will complete either a ten-inch square that you can incorporate into a larger quilt at home or a small child-size quilt.
Age Range17+, teens by permission
Skill LevelAll Levels
Basic sewing skills
NOTE: Not all of the items on this list are essential. They're optimum. If you have scraps of fabric, some muslin backing and a few skeins of embroidery floss, I will have pins and needles. Come whether you have all of the supplies or not.
- Bleached or natural muslin (comes in various qualities, price ranges and widths)
Premium=200 thread count, 36”–45” wide.
For a 10” square, 1/2 yard is fine. If you’re making something bigger, bring more.
- A variety of light/medium weight scrap fabrics from old clothes, etc. New fabric is also OK.
- Scissors: small and large scissors, embroidery scissors
- White thread for basting
- Pins: Quilters’ pins, size 22 or 28
- Needles: Big–eyed needle, quilters’ basting needle, crewel needles and/or tapestry needles, size 20 or 22
- Embroidery floss, single skeins or collections. Cotton, satins, metallic are all fine.
- Lightweight batting
- Backing material like colored cotton
- Seam ripper
Learn where to buy supplies.
Questions: Contact Linda Scharf, 508.224.6790
Instructor, Schedule, and Cost
We will offer more Crazy Quilt workshops in future semesters. Let us know if you are interested.
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Fall 16'–Winter 17' catalog (pdf)
- Spring–Summer 17' catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.